mental state was
a little scattered today with many things are coming up and lots to handle. it comes
to a stage where changing to be a-kind-of-educator-I- hope-not-to-be is the
best road to choose. now I slowly understand the reason for certain changes I
first thought was irrelevant have taken its place.
situation,
without mercy asks for changes in order to fit, so either you adapt or you’ll have
to keep living with disappointment. I always want my kids to learn language in
a fun and enjoyable way. I want them to love the language, to experiment with it. yet what am I doing
now with my oldest kids is the total opposite of what I believe. with little language they have, it is impossible to allow enjoyable activities and ensuring ss to be able to answer examination to go along together. as a teacher, you have to make the choice. and I now wish to take the road not taken.
drill; ask them
to remember the strategies to formulate sentences so that they can do well in
their written paper and pass with flying colours. the only reason, we want as
many A’s as possible. or in my case, to get all the kids to pass. thats the
main aim. so what we achieve is, many kids are able to do simply because they memorize
and it is not surprise to see the answer scripts mostly contain the same almost
CORRECT answer. but are they having fun? or grab the language?
and to be a warm
enjoyable adult is also a tough job. as someone who always believes that
effective teachers don’t need cane or high pitch note to control classroom, I
was far away from that. those are extra accessories needed to make the dramas
in the classroom to look more realistic or fun. well, that defines the fun part
of my classroom right now. is this only happening in my classrooms only?
yeah, I know I sound like an old retiring teacher
already. well, is this the
environment I need to face for many more years to go? come and share your tips
to handle this so I don't sound so pathetic, peeps.
go..shiha go..u can do ittt
ReplyDelete